Duke’s Nose Rappelling Trip to Lonavla – 22 Oct
Change the way you look at Lonavla, from 2,350 feet with this Duke’s Nose Rappelling Adventure that will leave you screaming. Transport from Mumbai is included.
Duration: 1 Day (6 am to 9 pm)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Duke’s Nose stands approximately 2350 ft above sea level and is a huge pinnacle seen while travelling from Mumbai to Pune. The sight from the top is unique and magnificent as one sees a vast landscape and the winding Mumbai-Pune expressway cutting through the ghats and trains chugging along the tracks. It is famous for rappelling, rock climbing and valley crossing activities. The event can be done even by first timers who are physically fit.
Why should you choose Duke’s Nose?
- Length: It doesn’t get bigger than this. The rappelling length here is 350ft which is one of the biggest you can get.
- The traverse: The 1000ft cliff traverse is more exciting than the rappelling, once you rappel down you will be made to traverse alongside a cliff which is exposed on one side with 500ft of valley. All this while you are attached to a safety rope.
- Hike: A one hour trek to the top is an experience in itself.
- Food: Get a taste of the local delicacies.
- Health: Hiking/Trekking is one of the best ways to stay in good shape and good health.
- Comfort zone: Get off your sofa, meet new people and live the adventure
Travel from Mumbai to Mumbai Non-AC Bus
Breakfast, lunch and evening tea
Safety and First Aid responder
Rappelling and Cliff traverse activities
All equipment rental and Technical Team charges
Price does not include meals during travel, Personal expenses, Insurance of any kind, Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses, anything not covered under “What you get”
The pickup points will be as follows:
Pritam Hotel Dadar.
Yogi Hotel, Diamond Garden, Chembur.
Vashi below Main Bridge.
McDonalds, Kalamboli, Panvel.
Age Limit: Participants must be 12 years of age or older
Physical Requirements: Maximum weight limit of 100 kgs
Please consult your doctor before starting any new fitness/exercise program
Cancellation Policy: 5 Days or more prior to the Experience Date – 20% cancellation fee
4 to 3 Days prior to the Experience Date – 50% cancellation fee
Less than 3 Days prior to the Experience Date – No Refund
Reschedule Policy: No rescheduling allowed
6:00 am onwards
Pick up from Mumbai by Bus at these points:
Dadar East Near Pritam Dhaba
Chembur Near Yogi hotel
Vashi Near Main Bridge
Reach Kurvande which is the base village of Duke’s Nose. A short briefing and introduction round after which the Trek begins.
11:30 am – 03:00 pm
Training and harnessing followed by the main event
Lunch, following which the journey back to Mumbai begins
Reach Mumbai by 8 pm tentatively
A descent from a height, such as a cliff or wall, in which one slides down an anchored rope and applies friction to control one’s speed by means of a specialized device. In all to make the activity safe there are three people involved in this activity,
- The person on the top holding your line has control over your descent .
- You have a control over the speed of descent.
- The person waiting below.
Yes, if you are physically fit and not afraid of heights.
With the right gear and training, almost anyone can rappel safely.